Lid marquetry – sanded

I managed to get all the glue goop off. It still needs more sanding, though. Strange how light the whole thing got by sanding. Looks too light, especially the basketweave part, which doesn’t contrast with the light background diamonds much now. I assume it will darken up significantly when the finish is applied.


The final sanding isn’t done, but you can get the idea.


One Response to “Lid marquetry – sanded”

  1. [...] this with inlay. I will use the same four wood veneers I used for the “3D” basket weave on the lid of the keychest. I won’t do the exact basket weave, though, just diamonds. But how to repeat [...]

Leave a Reply